2. Purpose of processingGenerally, you can visit our website without providing any personal information about yourself. However, some areas of our website may request that you voluntarily supply us with personal information for purposes such as correspondence, site registration, making a purchase, or participating in online surveys. This is used only to fulfill the visitor's request or for the purposes indicated on the page where the information is requested.
For your information, Personal Information means information which relates to an individual and which identifies that individual, either directly or indirectly, together in combination with other information available or likely to be available with Bridgestone India, such as your name, email address or telephone number.
3. Sensitive Personal Data or informationAs a general rule, Bridgestone India does not collect "Sensitive Personal Data or Information" through its website. "Sensitive Personal Data or Information" means Personal Data concerning your:
- financial information such as Bank account or credit card or debit card or other payment instrument details;
- physical, physiological and mental health condition;
- sexual orientation;
- medical records and history;
- Biometric information;
- any detail relating to the above clauses as provided to Bridgestone India for providing service; and
- any of the information received under above clauses by Bridgestone India for processing, stored or processed under lawful contract or otherwise.
By volunteering providing Sensitive Personal Data or Information to us, you expressly consent to your personal information being used as described in this Policy.
5. DisclosureBridgestone India will not disclose any personal information gathered on-line to third parties unless
(i) release is required by law or is pertinent to judicial or government investigations or proceedings; or
(ii) you have authorized to do so; and/or
(iii) it is necessary to protect our property rights related to this website.
6. CookiesThere is a technology called "cookies" which can be used to provide you with tailored information from a web site. A cookie is an element of data that a web site can send to your browser, which may then be stored on your system.
7. Security Practices and ProceduresBridgestone India has taken all reasonable measures and precautions to keep the Personal Information safe and secure and to prevent any unauthorized access to or misuse of the same.
We have a comprehensive and documented information security programme that contains managerial, technical, operational and physical security control measures. The security practices comply with the international standards on information technology-security techniques.
We are not liable to any user for any loss, damage (whether direct, indirect, consequential or incidental) or harm caused to any user due to the unauthorized access or misuse of the personal Information by any third party beyond our control.
Our security practices and procedures limit access to personal information on need-only basis. Further, our employees are bound by Code of Conduct and Confidentiality Policies which obligate them to protect the confidentiality of personal information. We take adequate steps to ensure that our third parties adopt reasonable level of security practices and procedures to ensure security of personal information.
We may retain your personal information for as long as required to provide you with services or if otherwise required under any law.
8. Children safeguardBridgestone India does not knowingly collect any personal information from children under 15 years old through its web site. However, if the parent or guardian of a child under 15 believes that the child has provided us with personal information, the parent or guardian of that child should contact us if they want this information deleted from our files. If Bridgestone India obtains knowledge that it has personal information about a child under 15 in retrievable form in its files, we will delete that information from our existing files. In addition, anyone under 15 years old should seek their parent's or guardian's permission prior to using or disclosing any personal information on this site.
10. Review and updation of Personal InformationIf you would like to review your personal information or if you see any discrepancy in your personal information or if a part of your personal information changes, we request you to visit Bridgestone India Head Office or write to us at so that Bridgestone India may make any necessary updates.
11. GrievanceIn accordance with Information Technology Act 2000 and rules made there under, Ms. Abha Jaiswal has been designated as Grievance Officer. The contact details of the officer are as below:
Phone: +91 2135 67 1900.
We will strive to address your grievances in a timely and effective manner.